Medaglia d'Oro Chocolate Espresso Sundae
- CHOCOLATE ESPRESSO SAUCE
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons Medaglia d'Oro® Instant Espresso Coffee
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 4 (1/2-inch thick) slices loaf-style pound cake
- 1 pint coffee flavored ice cream
- 1/4 cup sweetened coconut flakes, toasted
- Chocolate Espresso Sauce: HEAT water, sugar, cocoa and espresso powder over medium heat in small saucepan. Bring to boil. Add cream; return to boil. Cook 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring often. Remove from heat.
- Sundae: COAT small skillet with no-stick cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat. Add 1 slice pound cake. Cook 1 to 2 minutes on each side until lightly brown. Repeat with remaining cake slices.
- PLACE 1 slice grilled pound cake on dessert plate. Top with 2 small scoops coffee ice cream. Drizzle with 3 tablespoons chocolate espresso sauce. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon toasted coconut on top. Repeat to make 4 sundaes.
Some Traditions Stay Fresh For Generations