Medaglia d'Oro Caramel Espresso Macchiato
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 to 4 tablespoons vanilla flavored syrup*
- 1/4 cup hot, fresh brewed Medaglia d'Oro® Italian Roast Espresso Coffee
- Smucker's® Sundae Syrup™ Caramel Flavored Syrup, for garnish
- POUR milk into 1-quart microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until hot but not boiling. Beat hot milk with electric mixer, increasing speed as milk begins to thicken. Continue beating until foam doubles. Steamed milk will settle to the bottom. Foamed milk will rise to the top.
- POUR vanilla syrup into standard-size coffee cup. Microwave on HIGH 20 seconds to warm syrup. Stir in hot coffee.
- ADD 1/4 cup steamed milk. Spoon on foamed milk to brim of cup. Drizzle with caramel sundae syrup in a criss-cross pattern. Serve immediately.
- * A variety of flavored syrups that enhance coffee drinks are available in supermarket coffee aisles, specialty coffee houses, gourmet food stores and online.
Some Traditions Stay Fresh For Generations