Medaglia d'Oro Double Espresso Profiteroles
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 4 large eggs
- ESPRESSO GLAZE
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons Medaglia d'Oro® Instant Espresso Coffee, dissolved in 1/3 cup warm water
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, chilled
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For Pastry: HEAT oven to 425°F. Coat baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray. Combine water, butter, sugar and salt in medium saucepan; cook and stir over medium heat, until boiling. Reduce heat to low. Stir in flour. Beat vigorously by hand with wooden spoon until batter pulls away from sides of pan. Transfer batter to medium bowl. Beat in eggs one at a time with electric mixer, on medium speed, until batter is smooth. Place batter in large pastry bag. Pipe 20, 2-inch mounds on prepared baking sheet.
- BAKE 20 to 25 minutes or until puffed and golden. Turn off oven and allow puffs to cool with door slightly ajar.
- Espresso Glaze: WHISK melted butter, dissolved espresso, powdered sugar and cocoa powder in medium bowl until smooth.
- For Filling: BEAT cream, powdered sugar and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until stiff peaks form. Cut cooled puffs in half horizontally. Fill large pastry bag, fitted with large star tip, with filling mixture. Pipe filling into pastry bottoms. Dip tops in warm glaze and place on top of filling. To serve, spread 1 tablespoon of warm glaze decoratively across each dessert plate with back of spoon. Place 2 assembled cream puffs on glaze on plate and serve.
Some Traditions Stay Fresh For Generations