Medaglia d'Oro Cappuccino Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
Or 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons Medaglia d'Oro® Instant Espresso Coffee
- 3 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Chocolate sprinkles
- BEAT brown sugar and shortening at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs, corn syrup, vanilla and coffee. Beat until well blended and fluffy. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg. Add gradually to shortening mixture, beating at low speed until blended.
- DIVIDE dough in half. Roll each half into two logs approximately 2-inches in diameter. Wrap in waxed paper. Freeze for 2 hours.
- HEAT oven to 350°F. On a lightly floured surface, cut logs into 1⁄4-inch thick slices. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle center of each cookie with chocolate sprinkles.
- BAKE 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Place on cooling racks to cool completely.
Some Traditions Stay Fresh For Generations