Medaglia d'Oro Caffè Crème Brûlée
- 2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 2/3 cup sugar, plus 4 teaspoons
- 1 tablespoon Medaglia d'Oro® Instant Espresso Coffee
- Dash salt
- 5 large egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- HEAT oven to 325°F. Place 4, 6-ounce souffle dishes in flat bottom roasting pan. Heat 1 cup heavy cream, 2/3 cup sugar, instant espresso coffee and salt in medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to boil; remove from heat. Stir in remaining cup of cream to cool mixture. Whisk egg yolks together in large bowl. Stir cream mixture gradually into eggs until well combined. Pour through fine mesh strainer; discard any solids. Stir in almond extract.
- DIVIDE custard mixture evenly into souffle dishes. Pour boiling water into roasting pan to reach halfway up sides of souffle dishes. Bake 60 to 65 minutes or until custard is set. Cool 20 minutes. Remove dishes from water. Chill for 1 hour.
- SPRINKLE 1 teaspoon sugar evenly over each custard. Ignite a torch to caramelize sugar, holding flame about 1-inch from surface of custard. Or place under broiler for 3 minutes or until sugar bubbles and caramelizes. Chill 30 minutes before serving.
- ORANGE CAFFÉ CREME BRULEE: Substitute 1/2 teaspoon orange extract for almond extract.
Some Traditions Stay Fresh For Generations