Medaglia d'Oro Cinnamon Horchata with Espresso
- 2 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 (3-inch) cinnamon stick
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 4 teaspoons Medaglia D'Oro Instant Espresso Coffee Powder
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- COMBINE boiling water, rice and cinnamon stick in medium bowl. Cover; let stand at room temperature 24 hours.
- POUR rice mixture into blender container. Cover and process 3 minutes or until almost smooth. Strain mixture through a fine sieve.
- POUR liquid into a large pitcher. Stir together warm water and espresso granules; add to pitcher. Stir in sweetened condensed milk and vanilla. Cover and chill. Serve over ice.
- You can substitute 1 1/2 cups strong brewed Folgers Classic Roast Coffee for the 1 1/2 cups warm water and 4 teaspoons espresso coffee powder, if desired.
- Eagle Brand is a trademark of Eagle Family Foods Group, LLC, used by permission.
Some Traditions Stay Fresh For Generations